CBD is short for cannabidiol, a naturally-occurring cannabinoid component found in cannabis plants. Cannabidiol is “a cannabinoid without a psychoactive effect.”
An exceptionally high percentage of CBD can be produced naturally and consistently from the hemp plant. Much like there can be multiple plants in the mint family—peppermint, spearmint, and wintergreen—they are NOT the SAME plant. Natural CBD hemp oil is produced from hemp farmers—which can be grown legally in dozens of countries and whose oil can be legally imported to the USA.
Research has shown that every cell in the body has a receptor site for cannabinoids. This system is called the endocannabinoid system (ECS). The ECS regulates relaxation, eating, sleeping, certain inflammatory responses and cognitive function. We recommend doing your own research on this important topic.
Please note that the US Government has held a Patent on CBD oil since 2003, noting that CBD oil is a strong anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and neuroprotectant.
The patent (US6630507) is titled “Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants” and was awarded to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) in October 2003. It was filed four years earlier, in 1999, by a group of scientists from the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), which is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Due to federal regulations, claims cannot be made whether or not natural CBD hemp oil can help with specific medical ailments. However, we suggest that you conduct your own research.
This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Did you know…?
- Hemp has been cultivated for over 9000 years.
- The declaration of independence was written on hemp paper
- Every man-made fiber we wear, sit on, cook with, and drive in are by-products of the petroleum industry — all of which could be replaced by hemp.
- There are over 25,000 products made from Hemp.
- Hemp requires no pesticides; it has deep digging roots that detoxify the soil, making it an ideal rotation crop — in fact, it’s being grown near Chernobyl!
- Hemp is also an excellent source of renewable, carbon-neutral energy, and it can be used for paper to avoid cutting down trees (an important line of defense against global warming!)
- Blending hemp with plastics is not only cheaper for producers, but natural-fiber composites are roughly 30 percent lighter, which in turn leads to greater fuel efficiency for customers.
- Henry Ford’s first Model-T was built to run on hemp gasoline and the CAR ITSELF WAS CONSTRUCTED FROM HEMP!
- Pot is high in THC, which makes you high, and lower in CBD. The Hemp plant is naturally so low in THC that it cannot make you high, only the benefits of CBD.
Natural hemp and CBD extracts and products can be purchased from Bluebird Botanicals.